A Trip to the Zoo

The weather this April has been awesome, so we took a trip to the Indianapolis Zoo.

It wasn't a school field trip day (can't ever predict those), so it wasn't too busy/crowded. Thankfully I didn't have multiple heart attacks as I would on a visit the Children's Museum (on account of 'misplacing' one or both of the children).

We had a nice relaxing afternoon complete with a romp in the zoo's splash park. Obviously water play wasn't planned for during an April visit, but the 'packpack' (Henry-speak for backpack) was well equipped.



Here's the part of the blog post where I want to throw the computer out the window! Why can't it just read my mind and do what I want it to do!! Either our Internet is ridiculously, horrendously slow or I really just don't have a handle on this whole blogger thing!! Uploading/inserting pictures on these posts will be the bane of my existence!! (Yes, I know I can use photobucket...back to the Internet complaint).

Rant over. Now back to your regularly scheduled blog post:


I put the rest of the pictures in one PSE pictures to not have to mess (certainly other words I could have inserted there) around with uploading them all.

ROW 1--
A: the polar bear would swimming in circles and say "hi" up at the window
B: Audrey really wanted a closer look at the chickens!
C: Henry was definitely over posing for pictures

ROW 2--
A: trying to feed the ducks
B: Audrey splashing
C: more duck feeding

ROW 3-- Henry splashing

ROW 4--
The White River Gardens are next to the zoo (admission is included with zoo membership). They have a butterfly exhibit going on now. Lots of butterflies flying around and a large observation case showing various stages of metamorphoses. At the very back of the flowers there is a series of fountains. More water play ensued.

While the zoo is fun and all, after about 4 hours of animal watching and child wrangling, I'm about done. As I was trying to get the children to leave, this bit of brotherly love occurred.
Apparently Henry was more ready to leave than Audrey. He decided to "help" me lure her along. And, instead of rescuing the cranky girl, I'm taking pictures! Fabu!

Lastly, from the 'they fell asleep how?' files. After arriving home, it's pretty obvious that the children are more than tired. I take a sleeping Audrey inside to put her to bed, but she wakes up. I leave her in the foyer and go back outside to get a sleeping Henry. When I get back to the car, I find this. In the few minutes of taking Audrey inside, Henry gets a little more comfortable in his car sleeping! (NOTE: the car was PARKED in the drive way. I wouldn't think of letting him sleep like this on the open road).

After carrying a sleeping Henry upstairs, I come back downstairs and find Audrey asleep like this:
Do my children know how to sleep or what???

Either I take entirely WAY TOO MANY pictures or I'm making these posts entirely WAY TOO LONG! Will work on the editing!!

Have a good rest of the weekend! More posts in the works!!

1 comments:

Grandma Rita said...

Lookit that little snuggle bug, Audrey on the stairs. Priceless. And Henry's big-brotherly get-along w/Audrey. Too cute.

Post a Comment

Contributors

Followers